I fell off the bandwagon again. This time it wasn't so bad and I've been trying to catch up.
I started the year off with the fancy idea of doing a foot guard army and ran two Steel Legion models through the test painting bin followed by a test model of a Sister of Battle for a friend of mine. All three models were primed white, basecoated, then dipped with brushcoat of Army Painter, left to dry and hit with Army Painter Matt Sealer to kill the shine.
Then I fell off the bandwagon again and spent quite a bit of time cleaning Blood Angel Space Marines only to wrap up the month by some rabid painting of 10 Sisters of Battle which I finished last night. Now the Sisters that I'm working on are for a friend who will finish the bases himself so that saves me a bit of hassle.
I also painted up about 30 Flames of War Early War Polish Artillery crew for the month but since they aren't glued onto the bases and finished with their guns and caissons, they'll be counted in February. As difficult as I make these models, I'm nearly tempted to count them as two models each.
Tony S. said he'd join in the challenge but I haven't heard an update from him and I highly encourage xNickBaranx to join in. For Nick, we'll go for 50 models,with works out to just 4. 3 per month. Nick is a great painter and I've heckled him for years since 1998 about getting his fantastic Angels of Absolution done. He still hasn't! You can find Nick here 2ndcitywarzone.blogspot.com
It's still early in the year to take on the challenge and catch up. Let the paint fly!
Photos coming soon!